5 Tips to Prevent Diaper Rash
At Aquaphor Baby, we believe that the best way to deal with diaper rash is to prevent it from starting in the first place! We partnered with Pediatrician Dr. Alanna Levine and here are our Top 5 how to prevent Diaper Rash:
- Change Diapers often. As soon as you can see that the diaper is getting heavy from being wet, and immediately after a bowel movement.
- Expose your baby’s bottom to as often as possible. Be sure your baby is on an easy to clean surface or you may have a mess on your hands. Try lining your babies’ play space with absorbent pads and leave her diaper free and exposed to the air.
- Avoid products containing alcohol and fragrances that can irritate sensitive skin. Look for options that are hypoallergenic and paraben free like the Aquaphor Baby Diaper Rash Cream.
- Don’t fasten your baby’s diaper too tight. You want to allow for air flow and avoid further chafing and irritation.
- Apply a thick layer of Aquaphor Baby Healing Ointment at every diaper change. The healing ointment creates a protective barrier on your Baby’s skin and helps prevent chafing and irritation from acidic urine and feces. The clear formula is easy to apply and does not leave a white mess on your hands or nails.